Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cheating = Good?

Okay, it's not what you think so put away the crosses and red A's and stop smiting me. I mean cheating in my head...no I don't mean that either! :)

So I've been dating my bf for over seven years and I love him and he's the best guy ever despite the fact that he doesn't care for Harry Potter *coughs*, but every once in a while I find myself crushing on a celebrity. Like hard googling, youtube clip searching, checking to see if he's dating anyone crush. And don't pretend you've never done this!

And I actually like it when this happens cause then I get inspired. I mean, I love my bf and plan to spend the rest of my life with him but let's face the facts, he doesn't give me the new ohmygosh butterflies feeling anymore. We're so comfortable with each other, we're "stale". Although in a good way, like stale bread for bread pudding! Yum...bread pudding...

But the crush *sighs*. The crush makes me squeal inside and stare at youtube with a goofy grin on my face. He cheers me up and makes me giddy. And I'll admit, there are times when I daydream about meeting him and charming him with my wit lol. Which of course leads to him proclaiming his love and admiration for me and I in turn have to turn him down because I'm already in a relationship. (See? Even in my daydreams I'm faithful)

But how does this inspire me? Because I take those fluttery feelings and write. So even though I spent three hours cyperstalk-I mean researching my new crush, I was able to write over 3k last night. Something I haven't done in a while. And those three hours were justified in helping me reach my goal.  xD

Don't you love being a writer?

Btw, the celebrity crush LOVES Harry Potter. *swoons ever harder*

2 comments:

  1. What better way to cheat IS there? :)

    Me: "Honey, by the way, I fantasized a little about Hugh Jackman last night, but I wrote 5,000 words in my story." And if that story leads to publication and a decent advance?

    The XY: "Awesome, cause I think I need a new computer. Oh, and I need new tires of my truck. Can Daniel Craig visit tomorrow night?"

    Me: *evil grin* "Sure!"

    What a life.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Daniel Craig. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete