Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tardy Teaser Tuesday

I don't usually do the Teaser Tuesday, but today I happened to write a scene I like. But of course it's Wednesday! So here's my Tardy Teaser Tuesday :)



Just a Con - Scene Snippet: Friendships & Secrets
(read my blurb in the previous post to get the basis of the story)


 “Are you yourself with me?” Ian suddenly asked when we waiting at the elevators.
“What do you mean?”
“Before, when you told me you don’t have any friends because you could never let your guard down.” He shrugged. “I was just wondering if I could be considered your friend now.”
I paused and thought about it. Despite the circumstances that brought us together and the fact that I shouldn’t let myself get close to anyone (especially not them), I did consider him a friend. And Cammy.
He cleared his throat and started punching the down button again. “You know what? Don’t worry about it. I don’t even know why I brought it up in the first place.” I could see his ears turn slightly pink. “What’s taking this so long?”
Just then there was a ding and the elevator slid open. Ian stepped back to let me through, still not looking me in the eye.
I rolled my eyes and went in. He stepped back just when I held my hand on the edge so the doors wouldn’t slid shut. “As much as I hate to admit it, I do consider you a friend. I don’t know why though. I don’t even like you,” I joked.
His lips quirked into a smile. “That’s alright. I don’t like you much either,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. He finally looked up; his laughing gray eyes met mines.
“I should go now before Lily calls one of her henchmen to track us down,” I said, still not moving.
“Yeah, I better go back to Cammy before the doctor comes in.” Ian pushed my hands off the edge and took a step back. “See you at home later?”
“Yeah.”
He gave me a wave right as the doors closed. Still shaking my head, I leaned back against the wall. As I watched the numbers flash overhead as the elevator descended, my smile slowly faded as a somber thought occurred to me.
I may consider them my friends, but if they ever found out the truth, would they still consider me one?


*image is from deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment